- *Programming Eight Weeks of Prototype: Week 7, Other Prototype Functionality
- In this article I will briefly discuss other aspects of development with Prototype, that while aren't necessarily core knowledge are still useful.
- *HTML/CSS HTML5 Boilerplate - A rock-solid default for HTML5 awesome
- After more than two years in iterative development, you get the best of the best practices baked in: cross-browser normalization, performance optimizations, even optional features like cross-domain ajax and flash. A starter apache .htaccess config file hooks you up with caching rules and preps your site to serve HTML5 video, use @font-face, and gzip.
- *HTML/CSS Guide to CSS Font Stacks: Techniques and Resources
- CSS Font stacks are one of those things that elude a lot of designers. Many stick to the basic stacks Dreamweaver auto-recommends or go even more basic by just specifying a single web-safe font. But doing either of those things means you’re missing out on some great typography options.
- *Design 8 Tips to Design a Charity Web site
- A lot of charities rely on voluntary funding. So how does a charity get the most out of its website? It needs to let users find out information about the charity, but the main objective of the site is to get people involved with the charity, usually resulting in the user donating money.
- *HTML/CSS Selectivizr - CSS3 pseudo-class and attribute selectors for IE 6-8
- *Accessibility Easy Fixes to Common Accessibility Problems
- Making a site or application accessible can seem so overwhelming that it can completely stall efforts before they begin. But sometimes simple changes can provide the necessary momentum while resulting in significant improvements for users. So, in the spirit of small things that make a big difference, here's a list of fixes for common accessibility problems.